There was plenty of rain and water about en-route to the site so had our fingers tightly crossed that the field wouldn't be claggy as it is impossible to detect if so.
This was the field we were on February 1st before we got kicked off due to a shoot going on later in the day.
The surface was a little damp when we got there but the wind and sun started drying it off quite well.
A slow start saw a few Roman coins emerging along with some Roman pottery.
In all, we recovered 38 Roman coins, a Celtic silver unit, a fragment of a Roman bangle, lots of Roman pottery, Medieval strapend fragments, part of a Roman fibula, a couple of Saxon-looking partifacts and a nice decorated spindle whorl.
One of the team had a coil voltage deficit so borrowed one of my coils.
Apart from having a well-maintained (tongue-in-cheek), highly efficient 11" X35 coil, he managed to up his Roman coin count by 5!
For a change, two of us used the 28khz setting on the HF coils specifically to winkle out any Celtic silver units.
HD images can be viewed here.